I don’t know if it’s the tease of warmer weather or my knee finally healing but I’ve been doing a good amount of shopping in the last few weeks. I become so dormant in the winter (I really dislike being cold!!) that once the first few warm days arrive I can’t wait to get out and about.
The last few weekends I’ve been gravitating towards Church Street and enjoying the small crowds of people downtown. Throughout the summer and fall Burlington is packed with tourists, college students and locals. In the winter it becomes a ghost town. Late fall and early spring seem to be the two times a year that strike a balance between the two. It’s nice to see people out but not feel overwhelmed by the swarms.
Here’s a few recent purchases that I’m loving lately.
1. Banana Republic Sloan Ankle Pants – I have been looking for a new pair of black pants. Mine were eight plus years old and starting to fall apart. I tried these on last weekend and fell in love. They’re slimming, sleek and the ankle length is so cute with flats (my shoe of choice). I scored 50% off so I bought both the black and the navy. (source)
2. Lou & Grey Fadeout Sweater – have you felt the Lou & Grey line at Loft? Yes, I meant to say felt. Everything they make is so soft. I found this slouchy sweater, that’s shorter in the front and longer in the back, on the sale rack and snatched it up. I dressed it up on Monday with my new Sloans but it will also be a great lazy Saturday sweater paired with jeans or leggings. (source)
3. Smith Rebel Sunglasses – This may be cheating a bit since I bought these online but they’re so fun I had to add them in. I rarely take risks in my style choices. I love neutrals (95% of my wardrobe is navy, gray, black and white) and I’m not on top of trends. So when I was looking around at new sunglasses (in preparation for summer), I decided to push myself outside of my comfort zone (ahem Ray-Ban Wayfarers). I loved the blush/nude color – it’ll be a good contrast from my tortoise shell old faithfuls. (source)
4. Kitchen Aid Mixer – Between creating our wedding registry, exchanging wedding/shower gifts and working on completing said registry the Williams Sonoma in downtown Burlington has come to feel like a second home. I could wander around and lust after their gorgeous displays for hours. My KitchenAid, which gets a lot of use, was on the fritz. The top part came loose causing the attachments to grind into the bottom of the bowl. I returned it to the store where it was from and took advantage of our registry discount (you get 10% off at WS for six months after your wedding) to buy a new one. I picked silver to match our stainless appliances. I’m so happy to have a working mixer again. (source)
5. Asics GT-2000 – I am a loyal Asics customer. The GT series has been my running shoe of choice for years. I have had doubles and even triples of the exact same pair of shoes because I buy the same ones every time. I haven’t bought new sneakers in over year (usually I get a new pair every six months or so), but now that I’m starting to increase my walking and looking forward to easing my way back into running it seemed like a good time. We have a City Sports downtown and I really like buying shoes there. The staff is super helpful and Tommy gets a 10% discount because his company is part of the Church Street Marketplace. I can’t wait to put some miles on these babies! (source)
What have you been shopping for lately? Is everyone else as ready for spring as I am??