For six summers during high school and college I interned for an international shipping company. I was responsible for customer reports and assisting the ship brokers and business directors.
I learned so much and found the buzzing atmosphere of the trading floor to be very energizing. It’s the company that my dad has worked for for thirty years. He’s in the finance department so while none of our work overlapped and we weren’t physically in the same place (he had an office and I was out on the floor), we did get to have lunch together sometimes. Best work perk ever.
The biggest report I worked on was the TWTW. TWTW stands for The Week That Was. It was a giant summary report completed each Friday that showed the daily progress of each ship.
Why am I rambling on about a report that I haven’t worked on in almost six years? Because I thought it would be fun to start doing my own TWTW reports. A weekly recap of what I’m eating, watching, reading, doing.
Without further ado, here is the week that was February 23.
1. What I’m reading: Read isn’t the right word – this week I devoured Where’d You Go, Bernadette? by Maria Semple. I started it Tuesday night and was immediately hooked. I carried it with me everywhere and couldn’t wait to get home from work each night to pick up where I left off. On Friday I read from the moment I got home until I finished it (well past my normal bedtime).
2. What I’m watching: New Girl and The Mindy Project. Tuesday is my favorite tv night of the week. I’ve been watching both shows since they began – they’re hilarious.
3. What I’m eating: Waffles! On an impulse I bought a box of Van’s waffles. They’re delicious and so quick/easy to make before work. I topped them with crunchy almond butter and a drizzle of maple syrup (the real VT stuff, of course).
4. What I’m loving: Fresh flowers. A few weeks ago I bought the cutest bunch ranunculus from Trader Joe’s. They lasted for nearly three weeks. I was so happy with them that I went back for tulips last week. I love the pop of color and it makes me more hopeful that spring will eventually come.
5. What I’m listening to: 1989. I cannot. stop. listening. to. Taylor Swift. I blame my sister and brother. Their love of T. Swift has totally rubbed off on me.
So that’s my TWTW report. What are you reading, watching, loving and listening to?